Precision-engineered drive system
Power is transmitted from the engine, through a continuously variable clutch system, to a transaxle. Power is transmitted from the transaxle directly to the rear axle.
Key elements of the drive system are as follows:
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches connected by a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to and rotated by the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to and drives the transaxle.
- Infinite selection of speeds (0 km/h to 32 km/h [0 mph to 20 mph])
- No shifting necessary as operator increases speed
- Adjusts speed to the load to avoid bogging down when going up a hill or through challenging conditions because the wrong gear was selected
How the variable-speed drive works:
- As the engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts the drive speed upward or downward, so the engine rpm remains constant at constant throttle position.
The transaxle is fully enclosed and runs in oil for reliability.
Helical gears are used for quiet operation.
Differential design reduces scuffing of the turf during turns because the inside wheels turn slower than the outside wheels (vehicles that have a solid axle shaft must skid the inside wheel when making a turn).
Traction assist (differential lock) is built into the transaxle:
- Allows locking the rear drive wheels together
- Provides increased traction in tough spots
A neutral start safety interlock is provided for the engine ignition system.
Heavy-duty rear axle housings
Gator TS 4X2
Bolt-on cast-aluminum rear-axle housings provide an extremely strong supporting structure.
- Large, sealed bearings are located inside the housing for better protection
- Forged-splined shaft for increased torsional strength
Gator TX 4X2
One-piece forged axles are splined for maximum strength.
- Large, sealed bearings for better protection and load-carrying capabilities
- Forged-splined shaft for increased torsional strength
- Nodular cast-iron housing for increased durability
NOTE: The TS 4X2 is not sold in Australia/New Zealand.
Features operating conveniences such as cushioned bucket seating, cup holders, 12-V outlet, glove box, and fuel gauge
Numerous features offer the operator and passenger a comfortable ride and provide many operating conveniences.
- Side-by-side bucket seating provides room for one operator and one passenger
- Hip restraints serve as a handhold and help keep the operator and passenger in their seats over rough terrain
- Both seats tilt forward for dry storage and ease of service
- Choice of adjustable or non-adjustable driver's seat
- Hour-meter is standard to assist in maintaining regular service intervals
- Integrated cup holders
- 12-V outlet is located on the instrument panel
The control location and walk-through platform provide easy entry/exit for the operator and passenger.
- All models feature a park brake indicator light, hour-meter, and tank-mounted fuel gauge as standard equipment
- Traction assist (differential lock) is hand operated and conveniently located between the operator and passenger seats
- Traction assist indicator light (Gator™ TH 6X4 only)
- Glove box is located in the dash to provide a convenient storage area for small tools and operator's manual
- Grab bar is provided for the passenger
- Center-mounted key switch
- Additional storage is provided between the seats
Large, durable cargo box for heavy hauling
The strong, 16-gauge cargo box allows hauling heavy and bulky cargo.
The load of the box is placed directly over the rear wheels, where the load is in the most stable position. The 63.5-com (25-in.) load height for the Gator TS allows easy loading and unloading of material.
286 cu L
(10.1 cu ft)
227 kg (500 lb)
The cargo box can be manually tilted up to allow access to the drive system or to assist in cleaning out the box.
- A prop rod is provided to hold the box in the upright position for operator convenience.
Box dump angles (degrees)
The tailgate can be opened or removed for easier cleanout and to carry longer items.
The box design includes tie-downs on load guard and box sides.
CAUTION: Carrying extra-long cargo that extends beyond the box can adversely affect stability.
Accessories and Attachments
+ Backup Alarm Kit (S/N 90.001-...) - BM26351
+ Front Bumper - BM23458
+ Front Bumper and Brush Guard - BM23459
+ Front Fender Guard - BM23457
+ Cargo Box Bed Mat - VGB10133
+ Cargo Box Power Lift Kit - BM23765
+ Poly Bedliner 40 in. - BM25048
+ Remote Cargo Box Release Kit - BM21653
+ Side Storage Box - BM22776
+ Utility Cart, 21 Steel - LPUT21JD
+ Gator Cover - LP93547
+ Vehicle Cover, Cab or ROPS - Black - LP93107
+ Vehicle Cover, Cab or ROPS - Camo - LP93103
+ 48mm (1 7/8-in.) hitch ball for ball-type hitch. Ball Mount sold separately. - PM05101
+ 51mm (2-in.) hitch ball for ball-type hitch. Order ball mount separately. - PM05201
+ Drawbar/ ball mount for 1.25 in. receiver hitch - BM23989
+ Front Hood Rack - BM23456
+ Horn kit - BM23193
+ Beacon Light - BM22405
+ Beacon Light Kit - Deluxe Cab - BM21649
+ Brake and Tail Light Kit - BM24590
+ Deluxe Light Kit - BM22720
+ Front Work Light Kit - Deluxe Cab - BM21651
+ Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab - BM21656
+ Rear Work Light Kit - Deluxe Cab - BM21652
+ Exterior Mirrors (2) Kit - BM21645
+ Deluxe Glass Cab - BM22600
+ Electrical Kit - Deluxe Glass Cab - BM22138
+ Floor Mat - BM25000
+ Forced-Air Heater Kit - BM23578
+ Sunshade - LP45544
+ Visor (1) Kit - Deluxe Cab - BM21646
+ Windscreen - BM21466
Operator's Manual And Decal Kit
+ Spanish OM/Label Kit TS, TX, TX Turf, TH Gas, TH-Diesel MY18 - BUC10442
+ Seat cover, medium deluxe yellow - LP92624
+ Seat cover, medium standard yellow - LP92324
Rear Receiver Hitch
+ 1.25 in. Rear Receiver Wagon Hitch - BM17801
+ Rear Receiver Hitch, 38 mm (1.25 in.) - BM23839
+ Rear Receiver Hitch
+ Rear Mount Cable Assembly - AM137110
+ Parts for Adjustable Driver's Seat - BM23799
+ Rough Terrain Kit - BM22543
+ Tow-Behind High Performance Sprayer, 45 gal. (170 L), requires LP22884 or LP22885 boom - LP39963
+ Tow-Behind Sprayer, 45 gal. (170 L) - LP20485
+ 170.344 L (45 gal) High Performance Sprayer - LP22908
+ 25 Gallon Bed Sprayer - LP20850
+ 45 Gallon Bed Sprayer - LP20851
+ GatorPal High Pressure Washer (2700 psi, Honda engine) - LPGP2700GH
+ GatorPal High Pressure Washer (2700 psi, Subaru engine) - LPGP2700GS
+ HP Standard Gator Boom - LP22911
+ High Performance Sprayer Precision Boom (12.5 ft) - LP22885
+ High performance boomless nozzles - LP22884
+ 17AT Cart - LPPCT17ATJD
+ 3 cu. ft. Fertilizer Spreader - LP49056
+ 3 cu. ft. Salt Spreader - LP49055
+ Spreader Hitch and Controls - LP53809
+ Heavy-Duty Suspension Kit - BM20414
+ Tire chains (pair) for 24x12-12 tires - TY24328
+ Tire chains (pair) for 26x12-12 tires - TY15958
+ Warn Winch 1360.78 kg (3000 lb) - BM24442
+ Winch Accessories Kit - BM21392
+ Windshield Washer Kit - BM21648
+ Windshield Wiper Kit - BM21462