Roomy and quiet operator station
Whether it is a completely open operator station or a factory installed cab, the interior has been redesigned with comfort and ergonomics in mind.
- Gear shift control and differential shifter to the dash
- Bench seat with diver adjustment
Powerful gas engine delivers superb starting, idling, and throttle response
The machine is powered by an 812-cm3 (49.6-cu in.), 3-cylinder, dual overhead cams, liquid-cooled, four-cycle gasoline engine. It produces 6.5 kgm (47 lb-ft) of torque at 3200 rpm. The advanced electronic controls and fuel-injection system deliver superb starting, idling, and throttle response during operation.
The engine offers the following performance and reliability features:
- 40.3 kW (54 hp*) at 6000 rpm
- 72-km/h (45-mph) top speed
- Electronic fuel injection for superb performance, altitude adjustment, and cold-weather starting (tested to -28.9°C [-20°F])
- Electronic ignition is continuously variable for optimum engine power and provides fast, reliable starts
- Exclusive electronic ground-speed governor and throttle body
- Auto-compensates by providing more power when going up a hill or through difficult terrain
- Eliminates top-speed degradation from belt wear
- Overhead valve design provides greater efficiency and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication system
- Spin-on oil filter with drain bracket and oil drain plug enable easy servicing
- Dry, replaceable, single-element air cleaner with remote intake
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits the operator to check the coolant level without having to remove the radiator cap
- Open front grille allows air flow and proper ventilation to the radiator
- Standard high-capacity alternator - 85 amps for maximum accessory capability
* The engine horsepower information is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. The actual operating horsepower will be less.
Dual A-arm front and rear suspension provides a smooth ride over challenging terrain and excellent hauling characteristics
To complement the robust frame, the XUV is equipped with four-wheel independent suspension.
A dual A-arm front and rear suspension provides a smooth ride over challenging terrain and excellent hauling characteristics.
The entire suspension system has been optimized to handle no cargo to maximum cargo without compromising ride quality or vehicle stability.
Dual A-arm independent front suspension features include:
- 200.7 mm (7.9 in.) of travel provides ample wheel travel to keep all four wheels on the ground for superior traction, excellent ride quality, and vehicle control
- Heavy-duty nodular cast-iron knuckles support the constant-velocity (CV) shaft and wheel
- Maintenance-free rubber torsional A-arm pivots for long life and quiet operation
- CV shaft protection from sticks that may puncture the rubber boot
- Coil-over shocks absorb the most demanding terrain
Dual A-arm independent rear suspension features include:
- Unequal length and dual A-arm construction for superior wheel control and travel
- 231.14 mm (9.1 in.) of total travel provides ample wheel travel to keep all four wheels on the ground for superior traction, excellent ride quality, and vehicle control
- Coil-over shocks absorb the most demanding terrain
- A-arms made from square/rectangular tubing reduce weight while remaining rigid
- Heavy-duty nodular cast-iron uprights support wheel loads with a double row of ball bearings
- CV driveshaft protection from sticks that may puncture the rubber boot
- Rear sway bar for lateral stability
Superior terrain capability
The Gator™ XUV Crossover Series Utility Vehicle has a precision-engineered drivetrain system that fully utilizes engine power, optimizing acceleration, hauling, towing, and hill-climbing capabilities. Power is transmitted from the engine through a continuously-variable clutch system to the transaxle.
Key elements of the drive system include:
The variable-speed drive consists of two clutches and a drive belt:
- Drive clutch is attached to the engine.
- Driven clutch is attached to the transaxle.
- The engine braking system utilizes a tight belt for operation, requiring an idler sleeve on the primary clutch for neutral. The secondary clutch is a build-on-shaft design that utilizes a cam to tune the acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle. The clutch will stay engaged, providing deceleration until approximately 5 km/h (3 mph).
- The continuously variable transmission (CVT) air intake draws in 50 percent more air versus previous designs to reduce heat and the amount of water ingestion into the CVT system. The system will reduce belt slippage and improve durability.
- A low- and high-speed forward gear offering:
- Low range is 0 km/h to 47 km/h (0 mph to 29 mph), XUV835
- Low range is 0 km/h to 24 km/h (0 mph to 15 mph), XUV865
- High range is 0 km/h to 72 km/h (0 mph to 45 mph), XUV835
- High range is 0 km/h to 51 km/h (0 mph to 32 mph), XUV865
- Ability to creep along slowly to maneuver in tight spaces
- Standard full-clutch enclosure with high speed fan provides longer belt and clutch life
- High-ratio clutches with three cam weights for maximum belt-clamp load in high torque conditions
NOTE: Delivery and torque to the ground depends on tire size, which is a function of nominal size and pressure.
How the variable-speed drive works:
- As engine speed increases, the spring-loaded drive clutch is closed by weights being forced out by centrifugal force.
- As the drive clutch closes, the belt rides up to the largest diameter of the drive clutch and forces open the driven clutch.
- With the belt running in the smallest diameter of the driven clutch, the speed being transferred to the transaxle is increased.
- The driven clutch is designed to sense varying loads (inclines, mud, etc.) and constantly adjusts drive speed upward or downward so that engine rpm remains optimal.
Transaxle, mechanical front-wheel drive (MFWD), and constant velocity (CV) shafts
Operator interface features:
- On-demand true four-wheel drive (4WD) system with an auto-locking front differential and dash-mounted electronic rocker switch is best in class. When the rocker switch is in the on 4WD position, the front differential will automatically lock for extra traction when needed, but when the rocker switch is in the off two-wheel drive (2WD) position, the vehicle will remain in 2WD.
- Provides exceptional traction in challenging conditions
- Maintains turf-friendly operation in 2WD mode
- Illuminated for visibility in low-light condition
- Two-speed, fully-enclosed oil bath transaxle allows for superior pulling ability
- Cast-aluminum design is the most robust in the industry
- Helical forward and reverse gears are used for quiet operation
- Rear traction assist (differential lock) is built in and can be engaged on demand
- Allows locking the rear drive wheels together
- Provides increased traction in tough spots
NOTE: Differential design reduces scuffing of the turf during turns because it allows the inside wheels to turn slower than the outside wheels.
- Neutral start safety interlock for engine ignition system
- Large, sealed bearings are located inside the housing for better protection and durability
- Contains gear case for transferring power to the MFWD
- Splined shaft interfaces for maximum torque transfer and durability
- All drive gears machined from highest grade gear steel
- Protected by a skid plate
- Electronic design is auto-locking for ease of use
- Performs like a locking differential when engaged, but like an open differential when cornering
- Offers positive engagement of both front wheels in forward and reverse as a differential package
- Automatic engagement on the fly—no shift linkages required
- Protected by a skid plate and frame
Drive shaft features:
- Rear CV shaft diameter measures 27 mm (1.1 in.) and is designed for peak engine and braking torque
- Front CV shaft diameter measures 23 mm (0.91 in.) and is designed for peak engine torque
- Propshaft is designed for peak engine torque
- All CV shaft and propshaft joints are maintenance free and protected by exclusive thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) boots for durability
Extra-durable deluxe cargo box ensures hard-working performance and longevity
The deluxe cargo box consists of a 15 percent glass-filled polypropylene composite material that eliminates rust and dents and reduces noise.
Deluxe cargo box tailgate
The tailgate can be opened or removed for easier cleanout and to carry longer items. The tailgate has been improved, features truck-like performance, and can be operated with one hand.
The standard-installed lanyards can also be removed to lower the tailgate to 150 degrees for convenient loading and unloading tasks.
Deluxe cargo box tilt
The deluxe cargo box is easier to latch, unlatch, raise, and lower with the integrated handle design and gas assist.
A prop rod is provided to hold the box in the upright position for operator convenience, as well as limit box pivot travel.
Integrated tie-down points
The deluxe cargo box offers integrated tie-down points for increased versatility. Tie-down points are located in the following areas:
- Four corners inside the cargo box bed
- Four points on the load guard directly behind the operator station (A)
- Tie-down bars on either side of the cargo box (B)
- Six points on the underside of the cargo box frame (circled)
Converting deluxe cargo box to a flatbed
Optional accessories for the deluxe cargo box:
- See attachment Sales Manual information
|| 1143 mm (45 in.)
|| 1320 mm (52 in.)
|| 304 mm (12 in.)
|| 0.46 m3 (16.4 cu ft)
| Weight capacity
|| 454 kg (1000 lb)
| Dump angle
|| 47 degrees
CAUTION: Carrying extra-long cargo that extends beyond the box can adversely affect stability.
Attachment-ready electrical system
On M- and R-trim vehicles, adding attachments and accessories is made easier by the inclusion of some main wiring harnesses that facilitate efficient hook-up.
Equipped with power steering
This Gator™ XUV Crossover Utility Vehicle is equipped with power steering and a dual A-arm front suspension. These automotive-type systems exhibit excellent handling characteristics, as well as responsive steering and low steering effort:
- Steel ball-bearings secure the steering shaft and deliver smooth, responsive operation
- Completely sealed rack and pinion for long life
- Low steering ratio (lock-to-lock) provides more responsive steering and less operator input
- Shaft U-joints are phased for a smooth, uninterrupted motion of the steering wheel
- Tilt steering wheel with XXXX in of travel
Electric power-assist steering (EPAS) system has advanced features:
- Anti-kickback feature reduces the amount of steering unwinding when traversing difficult terrain.
- The system is speed-sensing and adjusts steering effort as the speed of the vehicle changes.
- As speed increases, there is less steering assist for improved road feel.
- As speed decreases, steering assist increases to give lower steering efforts for improved maneuverability.
- A warning/functional light on the instrument panel provides self-diagnostics and a warning light in the situation of no assist.
- Torque sensor measures steering wheel input so the on-board computer can provide the appropriate output for various driving situations.
With the EPAS system, the operator maintains a direct mechanical linkage from the steering wheel to the front wheels. The power steering system interfaces mechanically with the steering system by being inserted between the steering wheel and the rack-and-pinion assembly.
A differential torque sensor is integrated into the power steering assembly. The circuit board assembly is also integral with the power steering assembly.
Power steering does not reduce turning radius but significantly reduces steering effort by approximately 85 percent compared to models without power steering.
M trim details
The M trim adds electrical power-assist steering (EPAS) and brings in the main wiring harness for easier attachment hook-up. Cabs are available in this trim level. Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) is also an option within the M-trim level.
- Roof standard on all units – can order less roof on open station units
- Available factory-installed winch on M- and R-trim units
- Available factory-installed front glass windshield on M Trim open station units
- Available factory-installed rear glass panel on M Trim open station units
- Available factory-installed brush guard
- Available factory-installed brush guard extensions
- Available factory-installed rear cargo box fender guards (rear bumper required, also factory installed)
Accessories and Attachments
Ag Management Solutions
+ AMS Integration - BUC10634
+ Backup Alarm - BM24726
+ Rear Bumper - BM22767
+ Cab Door Color Panel (Camo) - BUC10559
+ Cab Doors (2) - BUC10568
+ Cab Rear Panel - BM25990
+ Cab door color panel (green) - BUC10554
+ Cab door color panel (olive) - BM26387
+ Canvas cab doors (2) - BM25998
+ Canvas cab rear panel - BM25997
Cab Operator's Station
+ Cell Phone Mount Kit - BRE10015
+ 19 L (5 gal) Pail Holder - BM23849
+ Cargo Bed Extender - BM25700
+ Cargo Box Bed Mat - BM22772
+ Cargo Box Divider - BM22769
+ Cargo Box Side Extension Kit - BM24901
+ Cargo box side extensions cover - BUC10156
+ Label kit for toolboxes (Green & Yellow) - BM26220
+ Rear Fender Flare - BUC10567
+ Side Tool Rack - BM22775
+ Spare Tire Carrier - BM25577
+ Sportsman Gear Bag - LP67754
Cargo Box Lift
+ Cargo Box Power lift - BM26414
+ Deluxe Cargo Box Cover- Camo - LP19879
+ Vehicle storage cover - LP68148
+ 48mm (1 7/8-in.) hitch ball for ball-type hitch. Ball Mount sold separately. - PM05101
+ 51mm (2-in.) hitch ball for ball-type hitch. Order ball mount separately. - PM05201
+ Drawbar/ ball mount for 51mm (2 in.) receiver hitch. Hitch Ball sold separately. - BM22290
+ Floor Mats (2) - BM26462
+ Front Hood Rack - BM26109
+ MOLLE Device Pouch - Black - LP66151
+ MOLLE Device Pouch - Camo - LP66150
+ MOLLE Fire Extinguisher Pouch - Black - LP66153
+ MOLLE Fire Extinguisher Pouch - Camo - LP66152
+ MOLLE Large Pouch - Black - LP66149
+ MOLLE Large Pouch - Camo - LP66148
+ MOLLE Small Pouch - Black - LP66147
+ MOLLE Small Pouch - Camo - LP66146
+ Brushguard - BUC10679
+ Brushguard extensions - BUC10141
+ CV Guards - Front & Rear - BUC10759
+ CV Guards - front & rear - BM25863
+ Cargo Box Fender Guard - BM26129
+ Front Fender Guard - BUC10247
+ Guard Kit, Guard, CV - BUC10761
+ Rear CV Guards - BUC10605
+ Rear metal screen - BUC10281
+ Rear panel glass protector - BUC10245
+ CAN Bridge Control Kit - BUC10316
+ Front Attachment Harness - BM26265
+ Front Attachment Harness (dash port) - BM26268
+ Front Cab Attachment Harness - BM26740
+ Hydraulic Blade and Winch Harness Kit - BUC10604
+ Rear Cab Attachment Harness - BM26739
+ Roof Attachment Harness - BM26267
+ Heater - BM26642
+ Horn Kit - BM26391
+ Beacon Light - BM26185
+ LED Driving Lights (2 Lights) - BM26215
+ LED Headlights (2) - BM26589
+ LED Work Lights (2 Lights) - BM26216
+ Tail Light Protectors - BM22773
+ Rear View Mirror - BM26477
+ Side Mirrors (open station & cab doors) - BUC10310
+ Accessory mount bracket - BUC10176
+ Sun Visors (2) - BM26478
+ Tablet mount - BUC10175
+ Base radio kit - BUC10615
+ Premium speaker kit - BUC10619
+ Canvas cab roof and rear panel - BM25996
+ Roof (black) - BM25989
+ Roof Headliner - BUC10550
+ Roof Seal Kit - BUC10711
+ Bench seat cover (black) - LP68162
+ Bench seat cover (camo) - LP68420
+ Bench seat cover (yellow) - LP68149
+ Seat-Belt Comfort Strap (2) - BM26583
+ Speed Limiter - BM26262
+ Sprayer Conversion Kit - LP68195
+ Gator Toolbox - LP19886
+ Label kit for toolboxes (Camo) - BM26219
+ Label kit for toolboxes (Olive & Black) - BM26218
+ MOLLE OPS Storage Panel- Camo - LP66154
+ Side Opening Toolbox - BM26160
+ Tailgate w/ brake and tail lights for toolboxes - BUC10393
+ Top Opening Toolbox - BM26162
+ Underhood storage tub with removable tool tray - BUC10167
+ Heavy Duty Front Shocks - BM26395
+ Heavy Duty Rear Shocks - BM26308
+ Camso Tracks (Gas) - LP65667
+ Front Turn Signal Light Kit - BUC10608
+ Winch Accessories Kit - BM21392
+ Winch Kit 4500lb, Winch - BUC10682
+ Wireless Winch Remote - BM26662
Winch Mounting Kit
+ 4500LB Winch Mounting Kit - BM26252
+ 4500LB Winch Receiver Mount - BM26393
+ Winch Kit, Bumper Mount 4500 lb - BUC10697
+ Winch Kit, Receiver Mount 4500 lb - BUC10698
+ Abrasion resistant poly full windshield - BUC10574
+ Abrasion resistant poly half windshield - BM25993
+ Glass Windshield (no wiper) - BM26383
+ Windshield Washer Kit - BM26390
+ Windshield Wiper Kit - BM26389